Acceptable Use Policy
WebAppz's Acceptable Use Policy is incorporated as part of the overall Terms of Service Agreement. You must agree in full to the Terms of Service Agreement prior to using the service.
Violation of the Acceptable Use Policy in part or whole may result in suspension or partial suspension of the service or in cases of a severe or repeat violation termination of the service.
Prohibited Resource Use
Users may not:
- Run any process that requires more than 128MB of memory space or uses more than 30 CPU seconds
- Consume more than an average of 2% of overall server resources over a 24 hour period. E.g. -- Consuming more than 30 minutes of CPU time would exceed 2% CPU usage over a 24 hour period.
- Run any type of interactive chat software that requires server resources. Remotely-hosted services are allowed.
- Run background processes at any point in time on the server.
- Run any cron jobs or scheduled tasks more than once per five (5) minute period.
- Run any software that interacts with an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) network.
- Run any type of security, port or vulnerability scan or conduct load or benchmark testing either directly or indirectly.
- Run any process which interacts with the MySQL database service using persistent connections.
- Run any process to proxy or relay traffic or requests of any type. This includes but is not limited to streaming media servers.
WebAppz does not allow any of the following to be hosted:
- Illegal Material - Includes transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization or material that violates export control laws.
- Adult Material - Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of WebAppz.
- Warez - Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, and encrypted or password protected versions of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
- Vulnerable Scripts - Includes scripts (inclusive of all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins) with known security vulnerabilities. E.g. -- An outdated Joomla or Drupal install. Customer must keep all scripts hosted under their account up-to-date and properly secured.
- Other Material - Includes material that is obscene, indecent, defamatory, or constitutes an illegal threat. Also includes material WebAppz feels to be abusive or could affect the operation of the service or affect other users of the Internet.
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
WebAppz takes a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited email. Users may not send unsolicited email which is email that is sent to recipients who have not opted-in to mailings from the user.
Users who send mass mailings must maintain complete and accurate records of all consents and opt-ins and provide such records to WebAppz upon request. If a user cannot provide positive and verifiable proof of such consents and opt-ins, we will consider the mass mailing to be unsolicited. Users are prohibited from operating mailing lists that do not target an audience that has voluntarily signed up for email information using an opt-in process.
Any mailing list must also allow any party on the list to remove itself automatically and permanently and be operated in accordance with any applicable law or regulation.
No account may send in excess of One hundred and twenty (120) emails per one (1) hour or one thousand (1000) emails per twenty-four (24) hours.
Users are allocated a monthly data transfer allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting plan purchased. Should an account exceed the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the service until the start of the next allocation, suspend the service until more data transfer is purchased at an additional fee or suspend the service until the user upgrades to a higher level of hosting plan.